Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Apparently I'm Peculiar...

This I'm sure surprises no one who knows me at all.  I'm not, and have never been, a round peg kind of girl.  My beliefs are ecclectic, my tastes are ecclectic... except for my taste in food and in that case if it's not plain hamburger, grilled chicken breast, a steak filet, or albacore then chances are I won't eat it.  Especially if it has some sort of sauce, gravy, or flourish to it...  Long story short I'm not a person that you can meet once, look at, and proceed assuming you know anything about me.

One of the things I'm a little peculiar about is, I have been told anyway, my tendency to collect people.  I love people in general, probably why I like working retail, and there are just some people who almost immediately capture some little piece of my heart.  There isn't much I wouldn't do for anyone who treats me decent, but for these particular people I would do anything... pretty much without limitation or question.  Not because I want, or expect, something in return, but because for whatever reason doing something that makes them happy, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, makes ME happy.  That's it, end of story, no ulterior motives, intricate plans, or perverted notions...

Doing something nice for someone that my gut instinct tells me deserves it.. apparently that makes me peculiar... and actually, I'm really okay with that :)

1 comment:

  1. You are far from peculiar, just a very caring and compassionate person. The world would be a much better place if there were more people like you in it.

    ReplyDelete