Saturday, December 4, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE the snow!  I love watching it snow, I love taking pictures in the snow, I love playing in the snow... I don't even mind driving in the snow as long as I'm not somewhere surrounded by people in 4-wheel drives who think they don't have to drive carefully because they drive 4-wheel drives...   I just love snow.

It's so clean and beautiful... innocent and pure... and if it's just the right consistancy you can built things with it!  Like sand only it doesn't itch when it gets in your swimsuit and you have to wear a lot of clothes so the other kids don't make fun of you for being a fat ass with sand in your swimsuit... it's just a win win situation.

Probably because of my love of snow my children love snow.  The best times my kids ever had together were times playing in the snow.  There was no fighting, no bickering, just sledding and working together to build snowmen and snow forts.

I have to work today so chances are I will miss playing in this first significant snowfall of the new prewinter season, but I can guarantee that as soon as he can reassure his grandmother that he will neither freeze to death or contract consumption from playing outside in the cold my Shortman will be out building a snowman. My daughter is, as I type this, getting dressed to go ride horses "now while it's still snowing, Mom!"

So for today while I'm at Wal-Mart helping people with their holiday picture gifts and electronics my challenge to anyone reading this is to bundle up, go outside, and play in the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment