Saturday, January 8, 2011

Baby Steps....

Well my e-book at Amazon still says "publishing" but in reality it is already available for purchase.  I know this because my friend in Florida bought it for her Kindle or iPhone or somthing so when I go into my sales tracking there is a little "1" in the box. 

I seem to be having a mixed emotional response to this baby step in the direction of actual publication.  First of course is excitement even though I know my friends love me and would buy whatever crap I put out like it was the lost writings of Shakespeare.  Next came complete and utter terror that I have actually and intentionally made something I wrote available to the public without so much as a pen name to safeguard my anonimity.  Finally came acceptance.  It is what it is, they will like it or hate it or be indifferent to it; they will buy it or not, and either way it will have very little impact on who I am or how I live my life.  It may bring moments of embarrassment, both the good kind and the bad, but Lord knows life is full of that no matter what.

So for anyone interested here is a link to the Amazon site and I'll give anyone reading this the same forwarning that I gave my friends.  If SPAG errors cause you issues don't read anything I write LOL

Saving Alexandria

No comments:

Post a Comment